Software development and IT consulting
with a focus on geoinformatics and business intelligence
At Uptility cooperation and teamwork are of paramount importance – respect towards the environment is a self-commitment. Moreover, working products and services are our main motivation drivers.
Dr. Michael Heiß
Co-founder and Managing Director
For more than 20 years, the geoinformatics specialist and doctorate landscape ecologist is engaged in leading positions of the (GEO)-IT-industry
Dr. Michael Heiß is certificated in IPMA Level D®, CPRE, ITIL® and ScrumAlliance®.
Test Utility Network
- Setting up an Esri ArcGIS Enterprise V. 10.7. with ArcGIS Pro, Portal for ArcGIS, Data Store, Utility Network etc. in a VM environment/ in the Azure Cloud
- Data migration from the current Bentley system to the utility network based on the European electricity model developed by the “Utility Network Community”.
- Python based migration script for largely automated transfer of network data to the Esri Utility Network.
- Test of the provided functionality for documentation and information of the network data for different use cases of the energy supplier.
As an EON subsidiary, Schleswig-Holstein Netz is an energy service provider with a focus on grid operation and decentralized energy generation and operates a grid information system for all divisions based on a geographical information system with an interface to SAP.
Radio Cell Optimization
- Business process analysis, requirement engineering and risk management of the optimization project.
- Integration of new tools for radio cell optimization based on ETL software (FME from Safe Software), DBVS (Oracle) and GIS technology (Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server)
- Deployment of the new IT system components. Acceptance and QM in the HP Quality Center based on the tests performed.
- Go Live/ monitoring and aftercare.
Industrial waste heat
A map application with functions for network planning is connected to this application in order to uncover spatial relationships between waste heat suppliers and waste heat receivers. The architecture is designed in such a way that further specialist topics such as electricity can be added, as the district of Osnabrück would like to gradually expand the PInA application into a comprehensive climate protection portal.
The external support included IT project management including project controlling. The consulting services were related to the entire project cycle starting with project initialization, the step-by-step review of the service provider’s delivery items up to the acceptance of the product. One focus of the consulting services was the technical evaluation of the GIS integration and network planning in addition to aspects of data protection.
Nature and environment
Climate online presentation
For example, “Climate Online Presentation” has succeeded in intensifying the exchange between young people from all over the world on the topics of climate change and climate protection by using modern means of communication. An online platform was used to establish a direct language and image link between the actors involved. The creatively, critically and invovatively designed contributions were presented online at the events. The use of technology enabled direct interaction, which has repeatedly led to exciting and varied events.
Naturefriends International (NFI), founded in 1895 in Vienna, is the umbrella organisation of around 45 national member organisations and is itself a member of the Green 10. Naturefriends are a democratically organised movement, committed to ecological and socio-political issues. Among other tasks Naturefriends raise awareness for climate protection and organise campaigns for more climate justice.